BASIC COURSE3 months (24 Hours @ 2 Hours/Week)
- Learn Wuji Meditations ( Click for details)
- Moving Meditations ( Qi walking) ( Click for details)
- Taiji Qigong Shibashi ( 18 postures) ( Click for details)
- Intro/ beginner level Taiji Quan (8 Postures)
FOUNDATION COURSE6 months (48 Hours @ 2 Hours/Week)
- BASIC COURSE + Baduan jin/ Eight Pieces of Brocade (Click for details)
- Crane forms ( Click for details)
- Basic Taiji quan forms ( Yang style taichi) 28 forms ( Click for details)
- Pushing Hands Techniques ( basics of Offence and Defense techniques)
ADVANCED CERTIFICATE COURSE (Assistant Teacher/Instructor)12 months (96 Hours @ 2 Hours/Week)
- FOUNDATION COURSE + Long form Taiji quan 85 Forms ( Yang style taichi) ( Click for details)
- Pushing Hands Techniques ( Advanced techniques and Yin-Yang symbol)
- Requirement: Test of Proficiency
INSTRUCTOR TRAINING COURSE (Qigong & Taichi)24 months (192 Hours @ 2 Hours/Week)
- ADVANCED CERTIFICATE COURSE + Theory and practice of training students and leading class.
- Basic training in Taiji Sword (Jian)
- Requirement: Test of Proficiency
What can I expect to learn from any of these courses and what are the benefits of Qigong and Taiji?
- Understanding Qi and Qigong.
- Sense, feel and Embody Qi
- Learn the 5 Regulations: Body, breath, Mind, Qi, Spirit
- Enable Qi flow/ circulation in your body. Preventing illness by improving Qi and blood flow with Soft, Slow, Gentle, Flowing, natural movements
- Improve your body’s alignment/ posture
- Rebuild and Strengthen your joints, bones,
- Loosen and strengthen your back. Restore health of the spinal column
- Prevent, treat and heal Arthritis
- Prevent further deterioration of conditions
- Natural long-term solution for recovery
- Strengthen lower limbs with Qi walking and improve the balance
What is Wuji Meditation?
“Wuji” means No Extremities, Nothingness and Stillness. These meditation techniques help you reconnect with Mother Earth. These techniques will Strengthen the lower body, permit free circulation of the Qi throughout the body, opening blocked areas and rejuvenating and revitalising them.
What is Qi walking?
Soft, slow, gentle walk keeping to Principles of the Yin and Yang to strengthen the lower body, increase the Wei Qi/ Immunity. It works on strengthening the girdle vessel.
What is Taiji Qigong Shibashi?
Taiji Qigong Shibashi is drawn from the Yang Style Taiji and incorporating the soft, gentle and Slow breathwork of Qigong. It is a gentle and flowing Qigong exercise routine that is energizing and relaxing. It helps as an introduction to Taiji Quan. If you are looking for something simple that you can continue to practice for a lifetime, this exercise set is for you.
Qigong can also be used as a warm up for the Taiji forms. It will build a solid foundation for your Taiji Quan practice. It introduces the basic elements of weight shifting, co-ordination of hand and leg movements together with controlled breathing.
The complete Shibashi set comprises of 18 forms and takes about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the number of repetitions.It is suitable for all ages.
What can I expect by learning Taiji?
The Yang style Taiji is the most popular Taiji style practiced by millions of people worldwide. It is a combination of a physical exercise, breathing technique and a moving meditation. It has its roots in Ancient Chinese Martial Arts. By practicing Taiji on a daily basis, you relax the body, calm the mind and soon you will notice improvement in the way you feel, breathe and move. You will start to feel wellness and health. This enables the body to come into a calm and relaxed state of being and allow the body to heal naturally. Regular practice also helps strengthen muscles, joints, bone- density, ligaments etc. Improved vitality and longevity
What is Baduanjin/ Eight Pieces of Brocade?
Baduanjin Qigong, is an Ancient Chinese Exercise & Fitness Practice and is a form of Medical Qigong. This form is also called The Eight Pieces of Brocade (it is thus called as at the end of the practice it would feel like one is wearing a dress made of a rich soft, silk fabric). Baduan jin is for Improved Fitness, Vitality, Healing, and Longevity. It can be practiced by everyone. Once one masters these forms, one could establish a simple medical qigong workout for 20 minutes a day and keep illness at bay.
What are Crane Forms and how do they benefit a practitioner?
The Crane forms mainly stretches the lower body. Crane Qigong is a system of mental visualizations and gentle physical movements that open the meridians of the body, through which the Qi flows. The effects of clearing the meridians can be experienced as improvement in physical health, including lower blood pressure, increased flexibility, sounder sleep, less pain, fewer headaches, improved immune system function, and increased energy.
What are Centering and Pushing Hands, (TUI SHOU) and Basic Self Defense Techniques?
“Centering and Pushing Hand”s techniques are simple methods of developing one’s balance, rootedness, sensitivity, listening skills speed and reflexes. A must for Taiji Quan practitioners, it is the foundation to understanding Martial Applications in Taiji Quan and the first step to learning self-defence techniques.
What will be the contents for the test in order to become an Instructor?
You will be tested for the following:
- Skill and dedication.
- Competence and Confidence as teacher and guide.
- Ability to teach Safely and with high integrity
- Comprehensiveness of knowledge
Vital Force Taichi Academy is dedicated to bringing the best service in fitness and wellness to the community, enabling practitioners to get the most out of their body and mind.