ENERGISED LIVING is not a mere expression to impress, but a state and space of living a “life of fulfillment”. My tryst with Tai Chi emerged out of a simple desire for an Empowered life that led to required action.
A simple desire to stay fit and taking initiative, completely shifted my perspective and blosommed my life beyond imagination. The gentle, fluid movements of Tai Chi, helped me experience an “inner calm and balance”.
Having witnessed the strength of this gentle-yet-powerful regime I took the initiative of going to China and refined my skills under Grand Master Fu Sheng Yuan and under his son Fu Qing.
I later learnt Qigong, a therapeutic form of the exercise from the famed Dr.Yang Jwing Ming.
Vital Force Taichi Academy was started with a sole purpose of spreading this knowledge to a wider community and enabling practitioners to get the most out of their body and mind.
I welcome you to take initiative and imbibe health and wellness in your lives. Join us for a Free session at any of our 4 centers in Bangalore.
The session will be conducted by highly qualified Cicily Thomas who has over two decades of experience teaching and practicing Taichi.
BASIC COURSE3 months (24 Hours @ 2 Hours/Week)
- Learn Wuji Meditations ( Click for details)
- Moving Meditations ( Qi walking) ( Click for details)
- Taiji Qigong Shibashi ( 18 postures) ( Click for details)
- Intro/ beginner level Taiji Quan (8 Postures)
FOUNDATION COURSE6 months (48 Hours @ 2 Hours/Week)
- BASIC COURSE + Baduan jin/ Eight Pieces of Brocade (Click for details)
- Crane forms ( Click for details)
- Basic Taiji quan forms ( Yang style taichi) 28 forms ( Click for details)
- Pushing Hands Techniques ( basics of Offence and Defense techniques)
ADVANCED CERTIFICATE COURSE (Assistant Teacher/Instructor)12 months (96 Hours @ 2 Hours/Week)
- FOUNDATION COURSE + Long form Taiji quan 85 Forms ( Yang style taichi) ( Click for details)
- Pushing Hands Techniques ( Advanced techniques and Yin-Yang symbol)
- Requirement: Test of Proficiency
INSTRUCTOR TRAINING COURSE (Qigong & Taichi)24 months (192 Hours @ 2 Hours/Week)
- ADVANCED CERTIFICATE COURSE + Theory and practice of training students and leading class.
- Basic training in Taiji Sword (Jian)
- Requirement: Test of Proficiency
What can I expect to learn from any of these courses and what are the benefits of Qigong and Taiji?
- Understanding Qi and Qigong.
- Sense, feel and Embody Qi
- Learn the 5 Regulations: Body, breath, Mind, Qi, Spirit
- Enable Qi flow/ circulation in your body. Preventing illness by improving Qi and blood flow with Soft, Slow, Gentle, Flowing, natural movements
- Improve your body’s alignment/ posture
- Rebuild and Strengthen your joints, bones,
- Loosen and strengthen your back. Restore health of the spinal column
- Prevent, treat and heal Arthritis
- Prevent further deterioration of conditions
- Natural long-term solution for recovery
- Strengthen lower limbs with Qi walking and improve the balance
What is Wuji Meditation?
What is Qi walking?
What is Taiji Qigong Shibashi?
Taiji Qigong Shibashi is drawn from the Yang Style Taiji and incorporating the soft, gentle and Slow breathwork of Qigong. It is a gentle and flowing Qigong exercise routine that is energizing and relaxing. It helps as an introduction to Taiji Quan. If you are looking for something simple that you can continue to practice for a lifetime, this exercise set is for you.
Qigong can also be used as a warm up for the Taiji forms. It will build a solid foundation for your Taiji Quan practice. It introduces the basic elements of weight shifting, co-ordination of hand and leg movements together with controlled breathing.
The complete Shibashi set comprises of 18 forms and takes about 15 to 20 minutes depending on the number of repetitions.It is suitable for all ages.
What can I expect by learning Taiji?
What is Baduanjin/ Eight Pieces of Brocade?
What are Crane Forms and how do they benefit a practitioner?
What are Centering and Pushing Hands, (TUI SHOU) and Basic Self Defense Techniques?
What will be the contents for the test in order to become an Instructor?
You will be tested for the following:
- Skill and dedication.
- Competence and Confidence as teacher and guide.
- Ability to teach Safely and with high integrity
- Comprehensiveness of knowledge
Vital Force Taichi Academy is dedicated to bringing the best service in fitness and wellness to the community, enabling practitioners to get the most out of their body and mind.